Step up to THEATREVIEW – take ownership!
We have been advised that Creative New Zealand is unable to fund Theatreview in 2013 so this is an urgent call to everyone who uses this site to take ownership of it, either by joining the NZ Performing Arts Directory (PAD) or with a koha/donation.
Theatreview has allowed New Zealand's performing arts profession to create and sustain its own online ‘community and make itself visible to the world at large in a highly accessible way. It is time for the profession to own it.
Theatreview reviews NZ's professional performing arts:
- in a timely way, and
- without a word-limit, thereby
- writing your work and everyone else's into the historical, searchable, record.
- comments on reviews
- debate on relevant issues via the Forums, and
- news for the Headlines and Deadlines sections.
Theatreview creates a production page for every show which:
- displays in the Coming Up section in the run-up to opening night
- then sits behind every review of that show, and
- remains on the historical record as a searchable resource.
If the performing arts profession – the creative practitioners, artisans, performing arts companies and co-ops, venues, facilities providers, training institutions, academics and all other related organisations – value Theatreview, they need to take ownership of it by signing up to the NZ Performing Arts Directory (PAD).
- hyperlinks your name to your membership page every time it appears on Theatreview
- puts you one click away from anyone wanting to buy or hire your goods or services.
Other points to note:
- Public funding (e.g. through CNZ) has been very welcome but every dollar that comes to Theatreview does not go to other applicants, so the more self-supporting Theatreview can be the better.
- To make Theatreview a subscription-only site would be counter-productive because we all want the general public – our audiences – to have free access.
Please join the NZ Performing Arts Directory (PAD) now and/or encourage your colleagues to do the same. You get to manage your own profile page with as much or as little information as you please. The costs per annum are:
- Individual: $36
- Co-op / creative partnership: $72, and
- Company / organisation: $108.
To offer a koha/donation, go here
This action needs to be taken NOW or Theatreview will not survive past 2012.
Please send this link to this page to your networks: http://www.theatreview.org.nz/news/news.php?id=1144